1. She’s just a friend…You discover he’s been talking to someone new, who is a female. He hasn’t said anything to you about her before you finding out about her and when you ask him if you can meet her, he objects. It’s because she’s really not a friend, she’s a girlfriend.
2. Respect my privacy. Don’t touch my phone…He doesn’t want you to touch his phone for fear that you will either see text messages from her or that she will send one just as you pick it up. He may even have pictures of her on his phone.
3. You are cheating on me, aren’t you?Yes, men who cheat will accuse their partner of cheating. Why? It’s because they start to think, “Well, if I can do it, she could do it too.”
4. You aren’t good enough…All of sudden he pokes at all of the things you do wrong and you have no idea what his problem is. He can’t cheat if he loves you or he thinks that you are good to him. So he makes himself believe that you aren’t good enough for him and that’s why he had to turn to someone else. In reality, you are more than good enough.
5. I can do my own laundry…At first, you might think he’s being sweet for helping you out. Unfortunately, he’s doing it so he can hide his soiled pants, perfume smell or some other evidence of his liaison with his lady friend.
6. I have to stay after to catch up on work…All of a sudden he has more work than he knows what to do with and he can’t come home when he normally does. It’s because he’s not really at work, instead he’s meeting with his girlfriend without worry that you’ll catch him.
When Your Man Is Caught…
7. I still love you and want to be with you…He says he loves you and wants to be with you; yet, he strayed and told someone else the same thing. It’s because he wasn’t having the affair because he didn’t love you anymore, he had it because he was disillusioned from reality. When reality hit, he finally realized what he had to lose…you.
8. I didn’t want to hurt you…He’s right, when he went out to have the affair, he wasn’t thinking, “I am going to sleep with this other woman because I want to hurt her so incredibly bad.” Instead, he did it for his own selfish reasons without giving any thought to how it would hurt you.
9. I don’t want to lose you…In his last attempt to salvage any type of relationship with you, he may blurt out that he doesn’t want to lose you. You might think, “What did you think would happen when you chose to on me?” Again, he never tied sleeping with someone else and losing you together. This may be a complete shock to him that you are actually leaving.
10. She means nothing to me…She might not mean anything to him or he’s lying. Usually, who have affairs may not have wanted to get involved emotionally, but after sleeping with them multiple times, feelings start to develop. So, in most cases, he’s lying that she means nothing to him, what he really means to say is that he doesn’t want her over you.
If you are already in a bad relationship and your man begins to say things like these, sadly he may be cheating on you. On the other hand if you are in a great relationship and your man says some of these things (like staying after work, I can do my laundry, etc) hopefully it is the truth and he isn’t cheating on you. If you catch him saying these things and you find out he is cheating on you it’s probably a good time to leave the relationship and realize how much better you can do without him.