Best Way to Make a Great First ImpressionBeing punctual is VERY important when it comes to making a great first impression.
Not only does it make you look sloppy and unorganized, but running late is very inconsiderate of another persons time. You never know who is waiting on you or who you are holding up with your tardiness, so be on time in order to make a good first impression!
2. Don’t PretendIf you want to know how to make a great first impression, then remember to be yourself. Don’t pretend, or put on airs. Don’t try to hide who you are or sugar coat things. Of course, you should put your best foot forward, but always be truthful and at ease. Be yourself, be yourself, be yourself!
3. Presentation Is EverythingI can’t tell you how much presentation counts with in the first 30 seconds of meeting someone. Have you ever been out in public and seen someone who looked dirty or unkempt and wrinkled your nose a bit? The same applies to you! The best way to make a great first impression is to have presentation. Your appearance, manners, attitude, posture and the way you speak says it all!
4. Always SmileYou may not be the brightest light bulb in the room, or be as confident as you wish you were but if you simply remember to keep a smile on your face you will be making a great first impression regardless! A smile says it all. Just be legitimate. Most people can sense a fake smile right away, and you don’t want to seem false or pretentious.
5. Have ConfidenceIf you desire to know how to make a great first impression, then the best tip I can give you is to have confidence. Being confident in yourself and those around you will guarantee you an awesome first ! You don’t need to be cocky or arrogant, but being insecure and unsure will project an image that you are needy and unreliable. If you are too worried about how you are coming across, focus on something else and just breathe. Take your mind off of your insecurities and focus on being confident!
6. Be AwareOne of my top to a is to remember to be aware. By this, I mean pay attention to the cues the other person gives off. Mimic their body language slightly to establish rapport. Also, be courteous and kind. Sharp, short answers and a disinterested attitude won’t give off a first impression. Be aware! Focus!
7. Draw The LineThere’s a fine line between being overly talkative and not talkative enough! You don’t want to seem nosy, but you should be interested. For the best way to make a great first impression, make small talk, but move from topic to topic so you don’t seem nosy. Don’t ask questions that might seem too personal, but shift the topics around to include more than just the weather.
Now that you know How To Make A Great First Impression, you will be well on your way to success! What are some of your favorite tips and ways to make a great first impression? Please comment below with your ideas and suggestions. We love to hear from our readers, and you can never have too many ways to make a great first impression, right?