1. Nail FileWhen you’re on vacay make sure you have this essential on hand for any crises. It’s always a drag when you get a fresh mani for your trip and you break a nail. Don’t get desperate and bite your nails, always carry a nail on your person! Using a crystal nail file is considered to be better for your nails and you can also clean it to avoid infection.
2. Portable Flatsflats aren’t just meant to relieve your tired feet after a long night of dancing; they’re also great to take along on a trip in case you have to do a lot of walking. Chic portable flats are an essential during travel because they don’t take up a lot of room. You can easily ditch your heels and throw them on and can complement many outfits.
3. Soap SheetsHave you ever been in a and are stuck without soap? You can buy thin sheets of soap that comes in small containers, kind of like breath freshening strips, that dissolve in and you ‘ll never have to worry about dirty hands again. Soap sheets are handy anytime, but they’re definitely important when heading to places you aren’t very familiar with. are cool, but I definitely feel cleaner with hot water and soap!
4. Spare SocksProtect your feet from the germ-infested floor at airport security or to walk around your hotel room. You’ve seen those hotel room investigations; you can never be too clean or too careful. This essential might come in handier than you think; you might find yourself in situations where you can’t walk barefoot and walking around in your stilettos isn’t practical.
5. SunblockSunblock isn’t just for sunny days. Even during winter months there are harmful ultraviolet A (UVA) rays present and can age your skin or cause skin cancer. Even in the most unlikely places you are susceptible to damaging rays from the sun so keep this travel and skin-saving essential item close by.
6. Extra UndiesThis essential for travel and concealing your nakedness is especially important if you require different types of undergarments for different outfits. It’s also important in case your trip goes longer than expected or your dreaded period rears its ugly head.
7. Feminine ProductsYou knew this was next! Whether you’re a maxi pad or tampon girl, make sure you take extras of these indispensable along in case of any emergencies. You and your friends will be so glad you packed extras!
8. SunglassesTake a pair of cheap but adequately protective sunnies along as it’s inevitable that you or someone else will need them. Sunglasses are a convenient essential during travel to hide tired eyes after a long flight or just to look cute and chic. Make like a celeb and stroll through town or the airport with your sunnies and a smile.
9. Travel-Size ToiletriesThis might seem like a silly suggestion for a travel essential, but I know people who pack full size products on trips! If you have a ton of free samples of shampoo or beauty products, take those along and save even more space while trying out new products. Let’s face it, we usually do some shopping on trips and full-size toiletries take up prime suitcase real estate.
10. Double Duty MakeupInstead of taking your whole makeup bag, take 2-in-1 products or palettes that will make your load lighter and provide you with options without the bulk. While traveling, you’re likely going to have casual days as well as night out so be sure to pick products that will work for both day and night looks. This should be an easy one; we ladies know how to pick our beauty for travel!
Don’t forget your oral hygiene tools as well as cotton balls and cotton buds which are before you head out the door. I hope you found this list helpful — keep it handy the next time you’re packing! And let me know, what are your must-have travel items?