1. Be An Independent WomanMale or female, no one wants to feel smothered or feel like your whole life revolves around them. Have your own schedule and spend time with friends doing what you love. Don’t drastically change yourself or your lifestyle because you’re part of a couple now, you are still you and that’s who he fell for!
2. Have Some R-E-S-P-E-C-TTalking down to your man, embarrassing him, or having a my-way-or-the-highway attitude does not convey respect. To be a better girlfriend, listen to him, don’t cause scenes, and allow him to be himself. If you have a list of things that you’d like to change about him, he’s probably not right for you.
3. Have TrustFor one to be in a solid relationship and be a better girlfriend, you must have trust. Even if you had bad experiences in the past, don’t assume your boyfriend is like your ex. If you are constantly suspicious or lie about anything, it will only create problems.
4. Don’t Be NaggyI hate it when men say their nags them incessantly but nagging someone can be problematic. To be a better girlfriend, avoid arguing just for the sake of arguing and choose your battles wisely. Men and women communicate differently and hassling your man will not read well with him. If something is really bothering you, take him aside to address the issue and come up with solutions together.
5. Be FriendlyDespite how you feel about his friends or family, to be a better girlfriend you should be sociable and polite. You don’t have to do any arse-kissing, but your man will appreciate your efforts in making nice and getting to know his friends and fam as they are important to him.
6. Show Your LoveYou can be a good and tell him how much you love him, but to be a better girlfriend, show him! Get your head out of the gutter this doesn’t involve trench coats and flashing; I’m talking about showing your love through love notes, bringing him and his friends pizza on football nights, or showing that you are proud to be with him.
7. You Bring Out His BestIf you find someone who can bring out your best or make you want to be a person, he is a keeper. To be a better girlfriend, bring out the best in your man. There are subtle and obvious to do this, but if you have his best interest in mind, he will want to be his best for you.
In order to be a better girlfriend, it does take some finessing and planning, but it can be done. Learning to be a better girlfriend isn’t hard, just keep in mind my top 7 tips for to be a better girlfriend. Always remember the golden rule and treat your boyfriend with the same love and respect you want for yourself and the rest will come naturally. So ladies, how do you show your man that you love him? How are you a good girlfriend? Share!